The purpose of this job is to deal with all customer enquiries, engaging with the customer and maintaining excellent customer service and focus. The customer service advisor is often the first point of contact a customer has with the company when the customer has an enquiry, a problem with the company’s service or product that they want solution to.
Therefore, it is expected of a customer advisor to be up-to-date with all the company’s latest and old products or services, and also the promotions that are going on, and be able to give customers the right information concerning what they are inquiring about.
The job involves a lot of interaction with people – also with colleagues, but mostly with the general public. Supporting process and administration within the department is also a key part of the role, with a continuous improvement mind-set
· Provide help to customers by offering advice whenever necessary
· Dealing with enquiries and call backs via telephone, E-mail and live chat
· Dealing with web refunds and exchanges
· Checking for fraudulent activity where applicable
· Acting as a facilitator to resolve customer disputes
· Back order fulfilment
· And other duties as assigned
Context and Scope
The customer service experience has the ability to change the perception a customer has of the Company. The customer service department builds a good relationship with customers through eloquent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ensuring the work environment and atmosphere is fresh and friendly will enable the customer service assistant to communicate with people with a cheerful and helping attitude, at all hours of the day.
Continuous liaison with other departmental staff and managers to ensure smooth communication flow and feedback.
Problem-solving skills and having the ability to think quickly and outside the box, follow instructions, work as a team and on own initiative are key to the departments success. Additionally, accuracy and attention to detail, even when under pressure, good numeracy and computer skills, are imperative
Job Specifications /Qualifications
Note: May differ from the current job holder’s own skills and experience .
1. Education & Professional Qualification
· Excellent verbal and written communication GCSE or equivalent in English
· Must be knowledgeable in relevant computer applications
· Angling experience/knowledge desirable but not essential
· You must possess excellent communication skills for effective interaction with diverse groups of people
· Previous customer service experience would be an advantage
· Written knowledge of one or more languages would be advantageous
Please email your CV and covering letter to
Shona.email@example.com REF NorfolkJobs.net